Chhatrapati Pramila Raje General Hospital is a large state-run hospital in Kolhapur, India with 650 beds. It is affiliated to the R.C.S.M. Government Medical College and a Nurses training School. Chhatrapati Pramila Raje General Hospital caters to approx. 8,426,959 population of Kolhapur District- an important district in the western Maharashtra.
The hospital was originally built in commemoration of the visit of the Prince of Wales in 1875 and was named king Albert Edward Hospital. The Foundation stone was laid by sir. James Fergusson, then Governor of Bombay on 9 march 1877. This was possible with the blessings of the regional ruler Chhatrapati Shahu Maharaj. This project was completed in 1881. The hospital underwent many changes after Shahu Maharaj returned from England and offered free treatment to every one.
It is a matter of great pride for this hospital that "First lady doctor of India ...Dr.Anandibai Joshi after completing her medical education from America was appointed as 'Physician in charge' of the hospital by the regional ruler Chhatrapati Shahu Maharaj !! "Government of Maharashtra is offering awards after her name since long time to eminent personalities in the field of health for their services to the society!
In 1946, the hospital was renamed "Chhatrapati Pramila Raje Hospital (CPR)" in the honor of Chhatrapati Pramilatai Raje, daughter in law of the Royal family of Kolhapur.
In the year 2000, the hospital was officially affiliated to the newly established Rajarshee Chhatrapati Shahu Maharaj Government Medical College (RCSM GMC) & handed over to Medical Education Department in 2007 from department of Health services. The then Minister of Medical Education & Health Services, Hon. Shri. Digvijay Khanvilkar had major contribution in the establishment of Rajarshee Chhatrapati Shahu Maharaj Government Medical College (RCSM GMC) at Kolhapur.
The hospital has been handling so many epidemics & mass causalities since so many years & hence it has achieved reputation as "THORALA DAVAKHANA" in this part of Maharashtra!!!
The present regional blood bank was first established in 1960 under district health services. Incidentally it was the first blood bank to be established in western Maharashtra. It was taken over by R.C.S.M. Govt. Medical College Kolhapur in 2007. The blood component separation unit was established in 1996. It was the first district level blood component separation unit in Maharashtra and 18th in India. Under safe blood supply target establishment, district level HIV/AIDS testing center was established in 1989. It was first such centre to be established in Maharashtra. It was later converted into state reference laboratory in 2004. It has an honor of standing second in position during evaluation by NACO in 2009.
This blood bank runs fully on voluntary blood donation. The total annual blood collection amounts to approximately 6000 blood units which are collected through 120- 150 voluntary blood donation camps. It carries special drive for women participation in blood donation. It maintains a directory of rare group donors which is of immense help whenever such a need arises. It also participates in blood on call facility established since 2014 under “Jeevan Amrut Seva” scheme under state blood transfusion council (SBTC) Mumbai. The blood bank is recognized as training centre for technicians by NACO and undertakes such training periodically.
The blood bank is under supervisory control of department of pathology and administrative control of medical superintendent CPR Hospital Kolhapur. It is manned by one in charge associate professor, one assistant professor, one tutor from department of pathology and six blood transfusion officers. The other staff members include nine laboratory technicians, two lab assistants, one counselor, one public relation officer, one nursing assistant (brother), one driver and four laboratory attendants.
The blood bank trains post graduate students in DNB and diploma in medical laboratory technology (DMLT). It also trains technicians in health services of state of Maharashtra.
The regional blood bank has collaboration with NACO, MSACS, SBTC and District AIDS Prevention Control Unit.
List of all the faculty members under Blood Bank
|Dr. M. V. Jadhav||Professor & Head ( supervisory control)||M.D. (Pathology)|
|Dr. S.V. Salokhe||Associate professor I/C Blood bank||M.D. (Pathology)|
|Dr. Shaneem Sood||Blood Transfusion Officer||MBBS|
|Dr. Shrikant Palekar||Blood Transfusion Officer||M.D. (Microbiology)|
|Dr. Bhushan Mhaske||Blood Transfusion Officer||MBBS|
|Dr. Navoday Salvi||Blood Transfusion Officer||MBBS|
|Dr. Sarvada Nirmale||Blood Transfusion Officer||MBBS|
|Dr. Arti Patil||Blood Transfusion Officer||MBBS|
|7||Mrs. Vinaya Kumbhar||Lab. Technician|
|11||Mr. Prashant Sarwade||Lab. Assistant|
|12||Mr. Sandeep Badge||Lab. Assistant|
|13||Mr. Pradnyavat Jadhav||Lab. Assistant|
|16||Mr. Ashok Patil||Blood bank Attendant|
|17||Mr. Aslam Mulla||Blood bank Attendant|
|18||Mrs. Gitanjali Gurav||Blood bank Attendant|
|19||Mr. Raju Chaure||Blood bank Attendant|
|20||Mr. Uttam Patil||Blood bank Attendant (contract basis)|
|21||Mr. Rahul Dhanawde||Blood bank Attendant (contract basis)|
|22||Mr. Rahul Mote||Technical officer (SRL staff)|
|23||Mr. Premjit Sardesai||Lab technician (SRL staff)|
|24||Mr. Qayyum Attar||Driver|
|25||Mr. Sachin Kamble||Driver|
1st Floor, Panchganga Building,
R.C.S.M. Govt. Medical College & C.P.R. Hospital,
Dasara Chowk, Kolhapur 416002